- Country: United States
- State: Ohio
- City: London
Hello All and welcome to Madison County Yard Sale! The place where Madison County Trades!!!
We put together Madison County Yard Sale as a place for people in Madison County Ohio and surrounding areas to get together and trade all kinds of things! We saw that there were several Facebook groups that allow people to get together and trade. We saw a problem with this:
1) You are at the whim of the page administrator. He could delete your post or worse delete YOU from the group
2) There is no system or order. People post what they want and you have to scroll for hours on end (ok...hours on end might be stretching it) just to hope you find something you might want to have.
3) If you have an item you NEED to get rid of. There was no system to promote that. You would have to "bump" you listing to the top in hopes that people would see it. But, again if you "bump" too much. You might get deleted or banned.
So, how did we correct these things we saw wrong?
1) Rules are simple. Post what you want, when you want. Feel free to comment on a listing or send someone a message. Our advanced system has controls built in that will alert our team if is something "fishy" going on. Of course, if you see something that you feel is inappropriate. You can report the listing. This site was build for you!
2) We have created several categories for people to look at your listings. For example, if your dog just had puppies and you need to get rid of them. Simple post them for sale (or giveaway, people love free!) in the Animals sections. It can't get much easier than that!
3) You have an item that is sitting in your house and you need it gone ASAP! We have a feature that is built into the site that will allow to make your listing "premium." For 5 dollars, you can make sure that your post gets the most exposure. Of course, just being on this site (and posting for free) allows you to get your item sold much quicker than wasting your time "bumping" your post on Facebook.
This is a very new site and we are excited about it. I hope you are just excited about it as well. I encourage you, if you are visiting for the first time. Go ahead and sign up. Signing up is free and so is posting (unless you make a post that is premium).
If you have any questions, comments, k'vetches or ideas to improve our site. We are all ears. Click the "Contact" link on the bottom of the site and we will respond as soon as we can.
Thanks again and we hope to see you trading!
-Madison County Yard Sale Team
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"